Our client in Pinetown is seeking an office manager.
- A minimum of Grade 12 (Std. 10) or equivalent academic qualification.
- B.Com Degree or equivalent qualification
- Must have completed your articles
- Computer Literacy
- 3-5 years relevant experience in an accounts and revenue environment is an advantage
- 3 years experience in a Supervisory or Management position is an advantage
- Valid Drivers’ licence is a must
- Check and audit monthly Revenue Cash book
- Handle full function of debtors and creditors
- Responsible for summarising monthly staff deductions and process payments for Pension Fund, Provident Fund, Medical Aid, Funeral Fund Contributions, as well as deduction payments
- Reconcile to General Ledger Control accounts for staff deductions, insurance prepayments, Company contributions, etc.
- Prepare and process journals.
- Personally carry out certain work of a more complex nature, i.e. audit fee provision ETC
- Responsible for Petty Cash review.
- Responsible for preparing quarterly returns for income, expenses, WIP, and book values, of assets and capital expenditure
- Prepare cash book and cash flow statements
- Oversee and maintain effective control of all accounting functions.
- Monitor and control cash
- Prepare motivations for write offs
- Reconcile overtime for all Administrative staff on a monthly basis and prepare for authorization
- Oversee and maintain effective control over the collection of revenue
- Check, verify and ensure correctness of all reconciliations and monthly trial balance before submitting for approval
- Monitor and control the payments of accounts.
- Ensure adherence to Financial Policies and procedures in all the Sections of the Accounts Department.
- Liaise with internal and external Departments.
- Monitor and control General Office Administration.
- Conduct and compile internal audits of other departments to ensure that Company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Conduct asset verification spot checks and generate reports for submission and approval.
- Compile and analyze accounting trends and prepare statistical reports for distribution.
- Supervise and allocate staff according to operational requirements.
- Identify training needs and make recommendations.
- Ad hoc tasks as required.
Salary R20 000 - R25 000 basic plus company benefits.